Saturday, April 17, 2010

J. Mendel

My summer plans are falling into place, and I could not be more excited about it. Two weeks ago I interviewed at J. Mendel, a high end French fashion designer in New York City. Turns out I must have done something right because I got the internship! I'm working in the public relations department so I'll get to learn all about something I'm really interested in. J. Mendel's ready made dresses are gorgeous, take a look!

Spring 2007 Collection. These dresses are inspired by architecture and sculpture, and this is reflected in the pattens and geometric shapes incorporated into the designs. Interestingly, the fabrics chosen for this collection reveal an interplay between hard and soft, a metaphor for the modern woman. Fashion design truly is an art form. 

Spring-Summer 2008 Ready-to-Wear Collection. The dress on the right is my favorite, I absolutely love the shimmering quality of the fabric.

The Pre-Fall 2010 Collection includes more than just dresses. J. Mendel is widely known as a fur designer. When I was in the corporate office in NYC I got to look at some of the pieces and see some that aren't complete yet--SO cool!

Spring 2010 Collection. I love every one of these pieces.

Kate Walsh in one of the dresses from the Spring 2010 Collection. She is gorgeous.

May 2010 Bazaar photo shoot. Jersey Shore's Sammi (Sweetheart) Giancola-- right--opts for J. Mendel!

Gilles Mendel, the fifth generation designer of J. Mendel. 

NYC, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just received an internship at JMendel for this summer & would love to hear about your experience!

    ReplyDelete