Thursday, April 22, 2010

Beautifully Disorganized

This garden is perfect. Organized chaos at its best. 

Sconset, Nantucket. Summer '08

 My life right now is entirely disorganized with my priorities in strange places and head in the clouds. Deadlines have this strange tendency lately to creep up on me without warning, and it's an understatement to say that I'm putting significantly less effort into my school work than I used to. The funny thing is, I wouldn't have it any other way. Senior year is amassing to hours of laughing until I cry, making interesting life decisions, and spending countless hours doing nothing with glorious people. The end is right around the corner and I'm not about to stand here waiting for it--so what if I spend too much time lying outside soaking up the sunshine and taking advantage of my beautiful campus? The work will get done, but these days will never come again. Sometimes I sit down and laugh at the amount of work that is building up, especially when I consider how little this bothers me. Stress is so yesterday. I'm going out. I'm going for runs when I should be writing research papers. I'm listening to music to the point where I can't concentrate. Maybe this is going to come back and bite me later, but live in the moment and the moment will never let you down. After all, the best advice I've ever received was from my high school youth group leader, and went a little something like this: Be Here Now. Don't worry about a minute ago, don't stress about tomorrow. NOW is what matters. NOW is what make a difference. Be. Here. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment