Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cute and Comfortable

I like to be comfortable. Shirts that are too short or too tight, dresses that hug my body in awkward places, and jeans that only fit when I'm standing perfectly straight are officially out the window. The fashion world has pretty definitively determined that comfort is the way to go with flowy shirts, boyfriend style jeans, and leggings for every occasion. This trend has been around for awhile but there are pieces out there that really should be brought into the spotlight. So, thank you stretchy, soft, lightweight and long-torsoed material for making my life more enjoyable.

Ella Moss 'Jackie' Racerback Tank. $76.
Ella Moss is one of my favorite designers. Her pieces are reliably soft and all around adorable. This relaxed, loose style certainly borders on maternity but I'm definitely not complaining. As long as you wear a shirt like this with leggings or tighter jeans, you're okay.

AG 'Tomboy' Jeans. $172.
The 'boyfriend' jeans are very trendy at the moment, which is ironic because so are jeans made out of legging material (shown below). Whether you prefer the tight to your leg stretchy material or this loosely fitting classic denim look, both are great!

J. Crew Linen-Cotton 'Boxy Coverstitch' Tee. $39.50.
I am a huge fan of these t-shirts, and Madewell makes ones similar to this that are slightly less expensive for being cotton. This is a great look when you're in a casual mood but want to avoid looking sloppy. They come in a plethora of colors and look great on any body type.

Ella Moss 'Essentials' Knit Blazer. $119.
This is another piece for the casual yet put together look. Cotton blazers look great matched with a loosely fitting 'tissue tee' (like the one above for example) and long necklace. This one by Ella Moss is reliably comfortable and perfect for going to class or going out for a day of shopping.

AG Stretch Denim Jeans. $172.
I'm not sure how I personally feel about 'jeggings' yet, but this style is definitely taking off. The other day I went into a store to buy a new pair of jeans, and immediately the salesperson directed me over to a pair of these. I didn't go for it, but I know plenty of people who are rocking them and look great doing it.

Anthropologie Slate Stripes Shift. $128.
This 'shift' style dress is my personal favorite of the spring collection at Anthropologie. The vertical lines running down the center of the dress create a flattering physique even though the piece itself fits loosely on the body. I really like the change of direction of these lines on different areas of the dress as well. It was clearly designed for comfort, comfort, comfort!

I hope everyone had a fabulously warm and sunny Easter!

1 comment:

  1. oh that dress is adorable! i want one i want one i want one!

    ReplyDelete