Thursday, March 18, 2010

hellooo blog world!

Well, I finally started a blog. I don't know why I didn't jump on this bandwagon earlier but better late than never! Regardless, I'm really excited about this. As a sociology major with an art history minor, most of my assignments are writing intensive... but for obvious reasons, I don't quite get the joy out of doing my homework that I do when I'm writing about things that mean something to me. I'm not sure if I want my blog to be about something specific, or just whatever comes to mind. I'm thinking the latter- that way you guys can get to know me and I can continue reading blogs instead of doing things that are actually productive. Maybe the blog world will help curb my slight addiction to Facebook.

Anyways, I'll introduce myself. I'm a senior in college in Massachusetts and at the moment I don't have a life plan other than taking advantage of each day I am given. The prospect of doing something entirely different when I graduate is exhilarating even though I can't imagine not being a student. Maybe I'll move into NYC or Boston to live with The List and The Sweet Sea, or go out to Colorado to become a ski instructor. Who knows. I'm from southern Connecticut, about 45 minutes outside of New York City. I have lived in the same house that my parents built for my entire life, and I can't imagine my childhood any other way. I have two brothers: CAF, a freshman at Colorado University at Boulder, and RHF, a sophomore in high school. Along with my parents, they are the most important people in my life. My family has the cutest dog in the entire world- I'm serious. She is a miniature, cream colored, long-haired dachshund named Lily. My two best friends, CRP and CNS, are from my hometown and we spend everyday of the summer together. We live a stone's throw from one another, thank God. They go to school at Georgetown and Colgate (respectively) and are currently abroad in Prague and Galway. I really can't remember NOT being obsessed with them. I'm literally counting down the days until May when they both land at JFK. My two favorite states are Vermont and Alaska. I love, love, love country music. Summer is my favorite season by far. My two favorite sports are sailing and skiing, and I have done both since I was very young. I was one of those kids who could barely walk but learned to ski on a harness because it's 'never too early to learn.' I am a sailing coach by summer and a ski racer by winter. My college ski team is the most fabulous group of people you will ever meet. ever.

Okay, so now that I've exhausted everyone with little details about me, it's time to make some 'blog friends.'

xo, MPF

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Can't wait to add you to my list to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiiiiii MPF and welcome to this community. youz mah new bloggie friend. hehe. i can't wait to read more, and get inspired!

    xoxo 143 lylas

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just recently started blogging as well...but here's yet another warm welcome!

    ReplyDelete