Monday, August 9, 2010

things I love today

1.) Three day weekends. I took an extra day off today to spend the weekend on Block Island with my parents. It's probably my favorite place in the entire world. It was such a relaxing three days, and I absolutely love quality time with my mom and dad.

2.) The book I currently canNOT put down: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. It's a two-fold masterpiece-- a story of corporate corruption and a murder mystery. I'm pretty sure it's not chick lit and I don't want it to end! I hiiiighly recommend picking this one up, and there are two more that follow it thank GOD.

3.) Ponytails. It's summer in the city and that means one thing: it is HOT. I spent the first half of the summer trying to resist putting my hair up in the morning, but it's August and I have given up. Recently I've been french braiding a portion of my hair and putting it back into a cute hair thing, and it's not that bad!

4.) Songs: Club Can't Handle Me (Flo Rida), Dynamite (Taio Cruz), and Love the Way You Lie (Eminem). Enough said.

5.) Birthdays. My mom turned fifty-three this weekend (she'd kill me for admitting that) and it was so nice to celebrate with her. Cupcakes are also high up on my list, what a coincidence.

6.) Boston Red Sox. I'm going to a game next Thursday with one of my very best friends from school, Alexandra. I'm so excited for that Fenway frank I can't even stand it. GO SOX!

7.) Tory Burch's blog. She is amazing- from gift ideas to interior design decor to commentary on her trip to Europe with her design team, her blog says it all. One of my MAJOR girl-crushes (as I've said before). I can't help it.

anddd quiet nights like this one.

2 comments:

  1. I love the songs you listed and of course The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >sometimes there are people who remind us to look up.

    That is one thing you should do - on Block Island - at night. Get out of town, and find a spot where you can look up into the stars. I suggest the west side, maybe out by Cooneymus. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete